Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gmail sign up required phone activation

As this is a new blog setup, so I am planning to register for a email account to receive any feedback or comment send by visitor to be posted on the blog. The first preference come to my mind is Gmail as I have been using that quite often and familiar with it.

So, I start my Gmail registration and at the final stage, I was asked to enter the phone no for activation. I think the phone number shouldn't be involved in this case as it is for private use and we do not wish to share this personal information with Google as it might invade our privacy. On the other, I do understand Gmail wish to combat with the spammer in other case but it shouldn't take our private phone number as a measure to activate the new Gmail account.

At the end, I have changed my mind and use YAHOO mail then. I have registered myself yourowncomment@yahoo.com to be used by this blog. If you have any comment, please feel free to share with us. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment