Saturday, July 25, 2009

Candidate Performance for Astro Star Quest 2009

Astro has just organized a singing competition lately. The Astro Star Quest 2009 information can be found on http://www.astro.com.my/asq. I have been following their update and performance on the Final Show.

I am none of their support team as I am just judging solely on their performance for the Final Show. I wish to comment on the TOP 3 candidate performance, YOKE, MIN and KAH Fai. It has been a very brilliant and stable performance for both MIN and YOKE during the show. Kah Fai in the other has a very good tone and I do like to listen when he sings the cantonese song. I believe his tone and sound quality can compete with any Hong Kong Professional Singer.

But during the competition especially in the Duetting Round. It is so obvious that Kah Fai has a really unacceptable performance and it is so obvious to all the audience. Moreover, Kah Fai has a practice and opportunity to sing with Vincy before starting of. It is a very big mistake and shouldn't be make during the competition. I think YOKE and MIN should be the winner for this Duetting Round but it is so surprise YOKE has been defeated and only manage to get Third Price. I really question on the judgement made by the professional musician. Until today, I still think it is unfair to eliminate YOKE in that way as she has been perform really good.

At the final round, I think Kah Fai performance is very good. The way he sing is very natural and he can control the stage and the audience. I think he should be able to get the first place and who knows, MIN has been awarded for the first price. Will it due to the Duetting Round which pull down Kah Fai overall point. I hope the judge is not feeling guilty of the previous round result and giving MIN for the first price in order to reduce the remark or comment by its audience.

I think every year the result of ASQ will be debated by the audience and previously was due the the SMS result which will affected the overall result. I think ASQ should be more professional in making the judgement and comment accordingly to the Final Show performance. It should be a very fair result as all the Malaysian Audience is watching.

You have your own comment. Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment